Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 2.

Had an awesome day. Filled with my personal favorite gluten free bagels made by yours truly. Did I mention how yummy they are and they even have a tiny bit of nutrition which I'm quickly discovering gluten free bread isn't full of nutrition is is? Sigh. I'm slightly crazy about teaching the five year old boy child and 2 year old girl child that veggies are great and should be eaten all. the. time.
Enter gluten free bread. Sigh. So my bagel recipe uses no less than five and more like eight gluten free flours. However, they are decent so when I have to have bread they will be my go to recipe!
I've been writing down everything that I eat simply because I have an appointment with a dietitian and it would be nice to show her I know what I'm doing and I'm interested to see what I think about my early days a year from now.
I digress. As I'm writing down my day I notice that I didn't even think twice about that Large McDonalds McCafe Caramel Iced Coffee I got this afternoon. I just ordered and drank it and does it have gluten in it? Crap. Evaluate how I feel and notice I have a slight headache but that could be from the long day at work, the screaming kids I came home to, or a variety of other things. I pull out the laptop and set to work on google to find the answer to the coffee dilemma. This of course gets me no where as just as many people say caramel coloring is glutinous as those that say in the U.S it's gluten free. No help. (if you are reading this by accident and now the answer please comment and tell me. I promise I won't cyber stalk you for being my single reader, aside from my mom)
Off to go eat some Enjoy Life Snickerdoodle cookies dipped in Very Vanilla Soy Milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment